Cofactors for healthy metabolism
Why would you bother taking a B-complex without the activated forms of the B vitamins? We can’t answer that question either! We’ve used this product for several years in practice and can’t think of any reason to switch at this time. So, we decided to offer it to people outside our clinical practice.
Here’s why we like this formulation of B-vitamins more than others:
It contains benfotiamine – The highly-praised, lipid soluble form of thiamine.
- inhibits the formation of advanced glycosylation end products or AGE’s, the compounds that cause damage to cells and tissues in diabetes and alcohol abuse.
- supplementation has been shown in studies to decrease alcohol consumption by 45 percent in people who abuse alcohol.
- contains the active form of Vitamin B6, pyridoxal-5-phosphate or P5P for individuals who are unable to convert B6 to P5P.
It contains P5P, the active form of vitamin B6
- is involved in more than 100 metabolic reactions in the body;
- helps your body absorb magnesium, vitamin B12, and produce stomach acid.
- is used by your body to break down carbohydrates, fats, and proteins;
- helps your body manufacture essential fatty acids;
- helps your body produce antibodies and red blood cells;
- helps your body release of glycogen from the liver and muscles;
- helps maintain the balance of sodium and potassium in your body.
It contains L-5 methylfolate the active form of folic acid, folate.
- when supplemented helps prevent folate deficiency
- is critical for metabolism of DNA
- will prevent macrocytic anemia in the case of folate deficiency
- is necessary for conversion of homocysteine to methionine. Methionine is an amino necessary for manufacturing the bodies’ most important antioxidant glutathione.
- is critical when you have an MTHFR defect
It contains the active form of vitamin B12, Methylcobalamin:
- Methlycobalamin is better absorbed and readily available for use in the body;
- Methylcobalamin improves memory and concentration;
- Prevents macrocytic anemia caused by B12 deficiency;
- Methylcobalamin supplementation is necessary for vegans and in many cases, vegetarians;
- Methylcobalamin helps maintain healthy nervous system function and rebuild damaged nerves.